[mythtv-users] Why is MythTV recording shows I just watch?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 20 14:57:04 UTC 2006

David Brodbeck wrote:
> Robin Hill wrote:
>>> And perhaps the easiest way to keep a show that was not scheduled to
>>> record but afterwards was found more interesting.
>>> Any tips about this?
>>>

>> In order to save a program, select it from the "Watch Recordings"
>> screen (as above) and change its Recording Group (hit the 'i' key,
>> choose 'Storage Options', then 'Change Recording Group') to anything
>> other than LiveTV.  You may also want to diable the auto-expire for that
>> recording.
>>

> If you realize you want to keep it while you're still watching it live,
> you can also hit 'R' to save it.

Thanks.
Is it possible to have the backend always watch a certain channel(s)
even when the frontend is not running?
The frontend sometimes get stuck in the video stream but I hope the
backend does not suffer that problem. It would save decoding the stream
since it just needs to stream to disk.
This would be ideal for my single channel setup (for now, in a month or
so I will have three dutch free channels, wew!).

Udo