[mythtv-users] Mytharchive nativemode not creating iso image; also can't import result

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Nov 20 19:25:40 UTC 2006

I'm using the latest build available from atrpms in fc5.

Mytharchive has been working well when creating DVD iso images from dvb
recordings, but I have some recordings in .nuv format that it seems
sensible to try to save in native mode.  I just tried to create a native
iso image from a 4.2Gb file.  The log reports that the job finished, but
I have just 3 files in the work folder - two apparently direct copies of
the .nuv recording and the .png thumbnail, and an .xml file.  No sign of
an .iso image, and the mythburn log is from an earlier job.  The first
line of the progress log is

2006-11-20 17:38:42.586 Options - createiso: 1, doburn: 0, mediatype: 0,
erasedvdrw: 0

Then I tried to import the result - not knowing quite what to expect.
It didn't recognize the .xml as a valid input.  The terminal output says

Couldn't find a 'channel' element in XML file.

The xml file included a 'chanid' element, so I tried changing that to
'channel' and got further, but was then asked about callsigns and
channel identifiers and gave up.

Should the process have gone further, or am I seeing what is expected?
Should I use a different approach?

TIA

John P