[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 20 20:05:03 UTC 2006

I have used both FC5 and FC3 with great success.  Have you looked at Jarod Wilson's site?

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:49:13 -0500, Trampas wrote
> I have been trying to get MythTV installed on FC6 for last month. My problem appears to be that FC6 and Nvidia drivers do not play nice, specifically I can not get the Nvidia drivers to install and work, yes I have read countless how to’s and tried just about everything. I was able to get the Myth backend working, but could not get play the output.

> Thus I am in the market for a Distro which will be stable and work. My system is:

> AMD 2700+

> 256MB ram

> PVR150

> MCE remote

> HD tuner A180

> 60GB and 160GB hard drives

> Nforce2 motherboard

> I will mainly use the box as a backend, but occasionally will use it for compiling and watching TV on monitor. Thus I would like frontend to work. For the main front end I hope to use a MediaMVP, which I have gotten to work with previous install attempts. Which brings up another question, does the MediaMVP support multiple rate fast forward and commercial skips, and maybe a video time line?

> Thanks

> Trampas

Multiple Sclerosis 150 Mile "Pedal to the Point"
(Yes, 150 miles on a bicycle. No, I'm not a masochist.)
Sponsor Me! ->  http://tinyurl.com/f48lg