[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

Jeremy Hunt jeremythehunt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:32:36 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Trampas <tstern at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I have followed Jarod Wilson's and the Myth Wiki for Fedora to try and set
> stuff up. However the Nvidia driver just would not work. On the last
> reinstall this weekend, I started with a clean install of FC6. Then I did
> all the updates, which included a new kernel. Did the Nvidia install from
> the Nvidia shell script. I still had errors trying to get X working. Finally
> at least got out of the 800x600 mode, but on reboot it would not always load
> the nvidia driver, the message often said that nvidia.ko was not found. Did
> some searching found others had this problem because Nvidia did a kernel mod
> on old kernel and not new one like it should. Tried to uninstall old kernel
> using rpm –e, ended up with a non booting machine.

This is a commonly documented issue on the NVnews forums. The latest
release (as in not the beta) version of the 9 series driver does not
have the issue. Otherwise if using and older driver you need to create
a symlink to config.h in the kernel source tree. You should be able to
easily Google the answer.

-J