[mythtv-users] HDTV success

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 21:25:38 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> Which Sharp Aquos?
>
> I did a mighty battle with mine to get it to sync on anything...
> Finally came up with a modeline that worked.  Sharp, of course, was
> totaly unhelpful - basically, in spite of showing in the manual how to
> connect it to a PC, their tech support claims this is 'unsupported' and
> won't help at all...  I am so pissed at Sharp about this...
>
> Anyway, what setup/modeline and what model of Sharp do you have?

I may be showing my n00b colors here, but I really didn't do anything
much to get it working. I have a Costco Sharp panel. Labeled
LC-40C32U but probably really the  	  LC-32D41U given the connections.

I am using the DVI input, as I thought I read that HDMI can be
problematic with some panels. I literally didn't do anything except at
a TVStandard 1080i to the Device section, and change the resolution to
1280x768. Then, on the TV, there is a setting to force it to 1366x768.
I have no idea what this combo does, but it totally works and looks
wonderful.

Am I just upscaling a 1280x768 picture? Honestly, it looks as good as
a non-Myth HD signal.

--
Mark L. Chang