[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 23:31:38 UTC 2006

> Give the very quick and easy. Mythdora a go. http://g-ding.tv/
> or
> knoppmyth  www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
> both have worked for me

I second the Mythdora recommendation.
I ahve used jarrods FC5 guide with 100% success and i know stuff all about
linux.

I really think you are playing with fire trying to get FC6 going if you know
nothing about linux or how Myth works.

Knoppmyth has been around for ages and there are a lot of people that use
it. Comparatively mythdora is a new kid on the block but, I have to say for
ease for setup its a winner.

For my 2c i would suggest you take the easier route and install FC5 using
jarrods guide, if you want to get your hands dirty. Any problems you come up
against will be well documented in this list. if you just want it to work
then give Dora or knoppmyth a go.

and don't go over to the dark side, mythtv is the best.

CH