[mythtv-users] firewire with 3250

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Nov 21 02:55:39 UTC 2006

Jim Westfall <jwestfall at surrealistic.net> says:
> I will say I have always been suspect of people using these scripts on
> channel change, especially on 6200 devices.

Me too. I outline in
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/233570#233570>
how to simply and easily prime FireWire using firewire_tester at
bootup with no further pre channel-changing priming needed for 100%
reliable recordings. (I should have also said, though, in that
message, that one needs to switch to Broadcast in mythtv-setup.)

This has nothing to do with the accuracy of channel changes, however;
I still face the issue of how every 20-30 recordings a FireWire-based
channel change will not go through right
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/236728#236728>),
typically keeping the box set to the previous channel. FireWire always
records fine, but not necessarily the right channel.