[mythtv-users] The final word on Freevo, Tivo and MythTV for channel surfers

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 21 03:54:43 UTC 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Viitasaari wrote:

> Hey look...I am still a MythTV user...just one with non-typical usage
> patterns.
>
> It is not my fault that MythTV does not do everything I want
> however, I
> have volunteered my services with one of the developers.
>
> Why is it that when someone on this board uses MythTV in what seems to
> be a different manner, that person is treated as you say...a "POS"
>
> What are implying with your spamming comment?
>
> Hedge

Your usage pattern goes against the vision that was set forth by the
person who originated the MythTV project. He decides the direction of
the project. He has made it very clear that his project will focus on
what he considers to be more important things. This thread (and any
similar to it) has wasted much more of his bandwidth than should
have. That's why the initial response to your complaint about channel
changing speed was to check the forum and see what was said in the
past. Stop wasting bandwidth. You are not going to change the vision
of this project with your use case. Despite what you might think
"Open Source" means, this is not your project.