[mythtv-users] 0.20 upgrade leaves scheduler NOT running

Kirk Anderson kirk at nosredna.net
Tue Nov 21 13:24:29 UTC 2006

I've been running for over a year now with 0.18, then 0.19.
Last week my Myth backend box died. So I built a new
server this weekend based on 0.20-fixes.  I ported over my
old mySQL DB. (Almost) everything seems to have gone fine.

The issue I am having is: it appears to me the mythbackend
scheduler is NOT running automatically. I have many shows listed
in the "Recording Schedule". But when I go to "Upcoming Recordings"
it is always empty.

I ran the backend as:  "mythbackend --printsched" and it DOES show
a long list of upcoming shows that should be recorded.

I have viewed "Upcoming Recordings" from both mythWeb and from
the mythfrontend. Both always show nothing.

I deleted the 'record' table from my mySQL DB (in case it was corrupted).
The programmed a new show. Went to "Upcoming Recordings".  Still nothing.

It simply appears to me that the scheduler is just not running.
Is there some new switch / option / arg that I have to control to motivate
the scheduler now on 0.20 ?

I've looked in my logs and don't see anything unusual. I also don't see all
those msgs I remember seeing in the past, from the scheduler saying how
its deciding which shows to actually record.

Any ideas ?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Kirk