[mythtv-users] Small Front End?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Nov 21 21:21:37 UTC 2006

> But if you have the cash to spend there's nothing wrong with getting
> more than you need, except it gets harder to get a quiet one.

True.  the "quiet" nature is also of importance for a FE.

>> I guess I did leave that off, didn't I?  We're primarily SD for
>> television, and HD (well as HD as you can get) for watching DVD's
>> (soon
>> to be served by MythVideo).
>>

> DVDs are definitely *not* HD. Even if you have some method of
> upconverting the output the mpeg stream is not HD to start with. You
> would have to go to Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to get real HD, and I think
> most of us will wait for the Format Wars to be settled before we make
> that jump.

I should clarify.  I mentioned "well, as HD as you can get" because DVD
video is definitely not SD. :)  What I meant to say was that "we're
primarily SD for over the air television (480i), and we watch a *lot* of
DVDs (480p)".

Sorry for the confusion. :)

-Rich