[mythtv-users] Switching Providers

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Tue Nov 21 23:42:58 UTC 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 10:40 AM, Adam Hirsch wrote:

> I went through this recently -- I backed up my database, established a
> second TV lineup at Zap2It, chose that lineup in the settings screens,
> cleared out my PROGRAM and CHANNEL tables, and reran
> mythtfilldatabase.
>
> Worked a treat.

Yeah, this is what I was looking for. You know, that's a good idea;
clearing out the PROGRAM and CHANNEL tables will probably make sure
there's no corrupted or messed up data in there. Good thought. So
that's one step for the Wiki :D

I back up my database once a week anyway to my server, so that's not
a problem. I plan to write up a step-by-step and add it to the
documentation set to make sure that anyone else coming up with this
in future has a step-by-step they can be sent to.

Thanks again!

Gavin