[mythtv-users] Pledge to pay developer who implements multiple channels on a single multiplex

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 22 00:19:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 22:35 +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
>
> >    Shouldn't the pledge say 25 each??
>
> The pledge is of the form "I will do" ... "but only if 35 other MythTV
> users will too."  So yes, it IS 25 each.

Shouldn't you try to find someone willing to do 80+ hours
of work for $900, before you try to raise the money? :)

Get 80 people to pledge $100, and set some concrete goals
that must be met before the money is sent to the programmer
and not only might someone volunteer, but you might also
get more donations with the more realistic target.

Also it seems a bit silly to make this all or nothing, set
a more realistic goal, and if only $7500 is raised then
someone might still want to do the work.

-- Daniel