[mythtv-users] Pledge to pay developer who implements multiple channels on a single multiplex

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Nov 22 00:38:57 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> Shouldn't you try to find someone willing to do 80+ hours
> of work for $900, before you try to raise the money? :)

Not raising any money right now.  That happens when the code appears.
And every individual signing the pledge can decide if the milestone has
been met.

As I said, it's an honour system.

> Get 80 people to pledge $100, and set some concrete goals
> that must be met before the money is sent to the programmer
> and not only might someone volunteer, but you might also
> get more donations with the more realistic target.

We could go on debating how bounty systems _could_ be run for decades.
I've done something, let's see if it works.  If you want the feature,
how about signing the pledge?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Trickle-down theory--the less than elegant metaphor that if
one feeds the horse enough oats, some will pass through to
the road for the sparrows.

- J. K. Galbraith