[mythtv-users] Pledge to pay developer who implements multiple channels on a single multiplex

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Nov 22 01:56:16 UTC 2006

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> Get 80 people to pledge $100, and set some concrete goals
>> that must be met before the money is sent to the programmer
>> and not only might someone volunteer, but you might also
>> get more donations with the more realistic target.
>
> We could go on debating how bounty systems _could_ be run for decades.
> I've done something, let's see if it works.  If you want the feature,
> how about signing the pledge?

That's an interesting way to get one of the three developers
that could actually do this work completely disinterested in
it.

Well done!

Daniel, Stuart or Janne (AFAIK - I'm usually wrong) are the
most active overall contributers to DVB in Myth at the moment.

Without some active work from someone else, I don't see how
this is going to happen - All three already have plenty of
their own itches to scratch as well as inherited itches from
others.

Hopefully you'll get a new Myth developer from this bounty.
I don't see that happening on this payscale, but you never know.

Cheers,

Allan.