[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:48:46 UTC 2006

>         ...which goes right out the window as soon as you start
> channel surfing. No PVR can solve that problem.

MythTV could solve the problem, or at least limit the apparent impact of
delay when surfing.

Use three tuners at once, so the video stream for the +1 and -1 channels are
already being recorded, eliminating the buffering delay.  There would be a
slight delay while you switch the player to a new video file, but that may
be minimal compared to the buffering when changing to a new signal.

But as someone pointed out, the developers apparently don't see live TV as
that important, and I understand.  I use my system 90% with recorded stuff,
but occasionally I surf for live sports or just to veg out...