[mythtv-users] Record >1 channel per multiplex?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 22 14:11:10 UTC 2006

On 22/11/06, Rene Bartsch <ML at bartschnet.de> wrote:
> > *This is not aimed directly at your Renne*
> > If people would do more than a modicum of research
>
> I'm afraid that's a natural drawback of mailing lists as information ist
> spread over several threads and worse - the ML archive has no search
> function.

On the page on mythtv.org that lists the mailing lists, there is also
a link to the gossamer archive, which is very searchable. Check this
out http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

> Because of that I want to encourage everyone to add the information
> spreading around to the Wiki page at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex
>
> > before they post
> > they would see that the developers already know that recording
> > multiple streams at once is a doddle. It's the dynamics that need to
> > be taken into account for the scheduler that is the real problem.
>
> The solution:
>
> Step 1.): Add open problems to the Wiki page
> Step 2.): Discuss possible solutions on the mailing list
> Step 3.): Add solution to the Wiki page
>
> That way the Wiki page will become a nice programming guide for potential
> multiplex recording developers (let's do the software engineering on the
> Wiki page and then the code can be hacked together by any dumb
> programmer).
>
> > In no particular order, and these are just the discussions I actually
> > posted in myself.. (Read them all if you have any input on this, so
> > you don't end up just repeating past discussions..)
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/230666#230666
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/215443#215443
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/233602#233602
>
> Could you please add the information from your threads to the Wiki page?

Already referenced them :-) My memory isn't good enough to summarise
them at the moment, so if someone else would like to ;-)
I should really get to grips with wiki editing, and just over an hour
ago I figured there was no time like the present.

> Whenever one starts a new thread about multiplex recording we can redirect
> him to the Wiki page and tell him to only start threads with new
> ideas/solutions.

Certainly.

Right, I really, must get back to my Final Year Project now, that's
enough procrastination for today..

Steve Daniels