[mythtv-users] HDTV suggestions - Sharp Aquos?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:36:31 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/22/06, Jason Pfingstmann <jason at pfingstmann.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking to buy an LCD TV for around $1000-$1500.  I have my eye on
> > the Sharp LC-32D40U.  I know all HDTVs will have overscan, however, I
> > have heard that this model has an especially large % overcscan which
> > is hard (if not impossible using normal means) to adjust for.  What
> > I'm wondering is  if anyone has this model and can verify if this is
> > really a major issue with this unit, or if I should look into another
> > model?
> >
> > Also, since I haven't bought it yet, does anyone have a great looking
> > HDTV LCD that they have working really well with MythTV that is about
> > 32" or so and not too terribly expensive?  Any suggestions would be
> > greatly appreciated.
I've been watching the Black Friday sale ads and see a few 32" LCDs
around $500.  In fact, Micro Center is going to have a "Syntax Olevia
32" 532H LCD HDTV ($150 Rebate) - $369.99".  My big concern is that I
watch no HD at this time.  How good does SD look on a 32" LCD?  Also,
I use a MediaMVP which I record at 720x480 2.5M.  How good does the
MediaMVP look on an LCD via S-Video?

I've been doing alot of reading on AVSForum.com lately.

Jeff