[mythtv-users] Channels received over firewire

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:46:08 UTC 2006

I've finally updated my channels listing and taken out the channels that
don't come through over firewire.  Unfortunately most of the channels I want
and pay for don't come through (TNT, ESPN, USA, Cartoon, HBO, etc...)  I'm
wondering what's the point if it's this hard and in the end you don't get
the majority of the channels you want?
Is this just something that everyone accepts or do I have a particularity
nasty cable provider?  I have TimeWarner, if the channel availability
through firewire is better with someone else I'll happily look at
switching.  I've wasted countless hours trying to get a PChdtv card to work,
at this point firewire is the only feasible option for getting (a few) HDTV
channels into mythtv.  Unfortunately for me I don't think it's going to work
if I can't receive 90% of the channels I want.

Thanks