[mythtv-users] PVR150 not recognized?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Nov 22 18:53:38 UTC 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:

>>> Possibly. What does the IVTV section from dmesg show? Run dmesg,
>>> then
>>> post everything between the ===START IVTV=== and ===END IVTV===
>>> lines.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>
>> It is extremely unfortunate that there are many different cards out
>> there all called "PVR-150". I have four "PVR-150", 3 of which have
>> the same tuners and the fourth has a different one.
>>
>> I got around that by simply using the "odd man out" for the baseband
>> output of my satellite receiver, so the fact that the tuner is not
>> properly recognized if no import.
>>
>> It's been discussed here before about different tuners being used on
>> the 150s and the 500s especially, and it is difficult for the IVTV
>> folks to keep up.
>>
>> But what Tom says is correct, you will have a better chance of
>> getting help by posting the boot log info on the card.
>
> I have 2 250's and 1 150, they all have different tuners, and I don't
> have a problem setting them all up differently. They all work
> great. Not
> sure why you couldn't get the same result.

Probably could have, but since I needed to use 1 card for the sat
receiver anyway I didn't waste any time on it. I know how to tell
IVTV to use a particular tuner type but I'm not sure how to tell it
to use that type on only one of them.

I'm reluctant to shut the machine down now, since I have over 250
days of uptime and it is working just great.

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it :-)