[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:22:39 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, John <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm having a horrible success rate in burning DVD
> using MythArchive as I'm getting maybe 1 in every 10
> recordings to burn. From looking at the log files it
> looks like the audio/video gets out of sync causing
> mplex to drop too many frames thus resulting in an
> error. I have 'Allow MythTranscode" set which states
> it'll fix sync issues but it must not be working.

This never worked for me and in my opinion this actually it works against
you. The problem is that mythtranscode creates audio video sync problems. A
few months ago (just before the release of 0.20) I filed a bug report that
each commercial cut caused av sync problems. The bug was verified and a
patch was made to mythreplex that attempts to fix the damage that
mythtranscode has done. The problem is that this fix does not always work so
I use projectX to cut my recordings and I have modified the main script to
use projectx to do the demux instead of mythtranscode. For me this never
fails but it adds a few other steps to the process.

John