[mythtv-users] zap2it not working for OTA digital listings

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 18:51:49 UTC 2006

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I know there have been several threads on this topic with lots of
>>> information but I still can't get anything to work.
>>>
>>> Most of the information has been from this thread:
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/236492#236492
>>>
>>> 1) Clean starting point: delete all channels in zap2it and in MythTV
>>> BTW - MythTV is SVN trunk as of the weekend.
>>>
>>> 2) I ran a channel scan in mythtv-setup. It finds all my usual OTA
>>> channels.
>>>
>>> 3) I enabled channel 56 = KTUVDT in zap2it.
>>>
>>> 4) I renamed channel 2.1 KTUV-HD to KTUVDT in the channel editor.
>>>
>>> 5) I did a "get channels from listing".
>>>
>>> 6) Running mythfilldatabase reports not adding channel KTUVDT
>>>
>>> 7) The channel editor shows the XMLID as blank.
>>>
>>> 8) MythTV has no guide data for channel 2.1.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> I had to add the xmlid's for each channel.
>>
>> (KTVUDT is 19571 for my area)
>>
> What is the best way to determine the xmlids?
>
> BTW - Is this considered a critical must-fix-and-release-0.21-early bug?
> or are there not that many people using ATSC and zap2it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

Nick,

I've been using ATSC (OTA) and Zap2It for at least six months now, and
haven't had any problems, until recently when they changed the lineups.  I
was able to just change my channels and all worked within five minutes - I
didn't have to delete/create lineups or anything.

When I last did this (a couple of months ago), I went through the MythTV
channel scanner, tied it to the Zap2It lineup and just removed a couple of
extra channels that MythTV found that were bogus.  I didn't have to
actually modify any of the existing channels (so I kept KTVUDT as
KTVU-HD).  Worked out quite well for me.  (This was using SVN leading up
to 0.20 release.)

I'm hoping that when I rebuild my backend in a month or two, it will go as
smoothly.  Maybe I just got lucky.

-- Joe