[mythtv-users] nVidia with kernel 2.6.18

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Wed Nov 22 23:59:01 UTC 2006

I have read some people are using kernel 2.6.18.

I have a ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard.
It has an onboard nVIDIAR GeForce 6150 + nForce 430.

Due to my pvr-500, I have moved up to the 2.6.18 kernel and ivtv 0.8.1 which
has cleared up all the snow on my capture card.

I am unable to get the nVidia binary driver working though, it always
indicates it fails to load.  Not much more information than that.

I was hoping someone could tell me what they did to get theirs working.
I am using Ubuntu Edgy.
I uninstall the nvidia-glx package and tried to grab new packages from here:
	http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/

Specifically:
nvidia-glx (1.0.8776-1) [non-free] NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver
nvidia-kernel-2.6.18-1-amd64 (1.0.8776+2) [non-free] NVIDIA binary kernel
module for Linux 2.6.18-1-amd64

But when I try to install these Ubuntu reports they are broken and fail to
install.  Either that or I had newer copies of what was there.

If someone could indicate what they did it might help me down my path.

Thanks,
Dave