[mythtv-users] PVR150 not recognized?

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 23 00:40:02 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:

>>> Possibly. What does the IVTV section from dmesg show? Run dmesg, then
>>> post everything between the ===START IVTV=== and ===END IVTV=== lines.
>>>
>>> Tom
>> It is extremely unfortunate that there are many different cards out
>> there all called "PVR-150". I have four "PVR-150", 3 of which have
>> the same tuners and the fourth has a different one.
>>
>> I got around that by simply using the "odd man out" for the baseband
>> output of my satellite receiver, so the fact that the tuner is not
>> properly recognized if no import.
>>
>> It's been discussed here before about different tuners being used on
>> the 150s and the 500s especially, and it is difficult for the IVTV
>> folks to keep up.
>>
>> But what Tom says is correct, you will have a better chance of
>> getting help by posting the boot log info on the card.
>
> I have 2 250's and 1 150, they all have different tuners, and I don't
> have a problem setting them all up differently. They all work great. Not
> sure why you couldn't get the same result.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Turns out the answer was in Jarod
Wilson's guide. I needed to add this line to my /etc/modprobe.conf file:

options ivtv tuner=-1,50

The "-1" says autodetect, which works fine for the PVR-250. The "50" is
for the PVR-150. So the problem was basically user knowledge, or as a
former colleague put it, "between the keyboard and the chair".

Thanks again!

Andrew