[mythtv-users] Starting over

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 03:58:49 UTC 2006

Did you try the lirc setup on the link I provided you?

http://www.htpcug.com/blaster.htm

I've detailed my problems getting my RS232 IR Blaster
to work in every
forum I can think of, and I guess I am the only one
with that problem,
since no replies.

so, I'm considering going back as far as I need to get
this to work.
Thinking reinstalling Ubuntu Dapper over my existing
Ubuntu Dapper
installation hoping that will fix things.

I assume I'll need to redo IVTV and as I recall that
was a bear, but
maybe go quicker this time.

My media files are on a separate drive, I can back up
the sql database
as safeguard.

I'm not even sure if I'll need to reinstall MythTV.

Any other gotchas I might want to consider before I go
down this path.
Hoping to retain my existing recordings