[mythtv-users] OT: Lirc serial transmitter stopped working

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 04:02:23 UTC 2006

How big is your /var/logs/lircd file? My Lirc stopped
working out of the blue and I noticed my log file was
rather large. I deleted the file and it worked.

Hi,

I'm hoping one of you may have some ideas. I got an IR
serial
transmitter/receiver on Monday and was able to start
using it right away
with no problems. However, now the transmitter has
stopped working as
far as I can tell. I don't necessarily think it is a
hardware problem,
but maybe you have seen this before.

I am running Gentoo and have gone back over all the
install steps
without any luck. I have 'transmitter' set in my USE
flags, and have
the device set as serial. I re-emerged lirc and then
reloaded
lirc_serial and lirc_dev (auto loaded with
lirc_serial). No
modifications have been done to lircd.conf. I started
up lircd in debug
and watched the output when calling my channel
changing script, but
don't see any errors....

localhost etc # lircd -n -d /dev/lirc/0 -D10
lircd-0.8.0[20371]: started server socket