[mythtv-users] modelines and NVIDIA binary driver

Rajeev Goonewardene fedora at ready2think.com
Thu Nov 23 18:13:55 UTC 2006

> I've gotten my new NVIDIA based fe running....
>
> I am using a Sharp Aquos TV, and the overscan is really bad - you
> can't
> see the scores with TuxRacer.  I've been playing with modelines,
> but the
> NVIDIA driver seems to be ignoring modelines in xorg.conf...
>
> Is there something special you have to do to get nvidia to use custom
> modelines?  Or am I just hosed?
>
> --Yan

I'm not entirely sure about the modelines.... Have you tried running
the nvidia-settings program - it has many configuration items
including overscan.  I has having a similar problems with overscan so
I ran the nvidia-settings program which made a config file in the
mythtv home directory - to load the settings you can run "nvidia-
settings --load-config-only".  There is a section in Jarod Wilson's
howto regarding the nVidia driver install:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#video

I also used the nvidia-settings program to make my xorg.conf file
(remember to back up your old one just incase).

Rajeev.