[mythtv-users] modelines and NVIDIA binary driver

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Nov 23 22:00:54 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean napsal(a):
> See the NVIDIA part of the following (yeah, I know it doesn't sound like
> it applies)
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F
>
> Also, check out the nvidia-settings app.

OK, so far I think I've established that

- if I allow nvidia to use metamodes it will ignore custom modelines
- if I allow nvidia to use EDID it will ignore custom modelines
- if I set useEDID to false, nvidia will fall back to 640x480
- if I try to change resolution on the fly (tuxmath sets the resolution
to 640x480) nvidia will restart X with the new resolution, resulting in
a login prompt at 640x480

And I'm no closer to eliminating the overscan I'm seeing....

Has anyone successfully used custom modelines with NVIDIA?  Could you
please share 1280x720?  If I can get the bloody thing to use a modeline,
I can tweak it....

OTOH, playing Tuxracer on a 37" monitor is awesome....  :-)

(I know this is not strictly On Topic for myth, but that is my myth
system and playing games and looking for stars with kstars is part of
the whole myth experience for my kids).

--Yan