[mythtv-users] Guide data off by 1 hour ONLY for four channels

Patrick Szalapski szal0003 at umn.edu
Fri Nov 24 01:26:45 UTC 2006

I am using Myth .20 on Gentoo, and I run mythfilldatabase by a cron job
at 1:00 AM daily under a user account, downloading from Zap2it.  Up
until a few weeks ago, everything with the guide was great.  I recently
noticed that the guide data for ch 9-1 and 9-2 (KMSP) and 29-1 and 29-2
(WFTC) is all an hour earlier than it should be. Both of these are the
Fox-owned stations in the Twin Cities.  A manual run of

mythfilldatabase --refresh-all

fixes it, but a few hours later the data is all wrong again.  The data
on the web at www.zap2it.com is correct.  All other channels' data is
correct in the mythtv guide.

What can I look for?  My time zone and system clock is correct.

Since the other channels are correct, I first thought that Fox is
providing bad data, but that doesn't make sense because (1)
mythfilldatabase --refresh-all fixes it temporarily; (2) www.zap2it.com
web grid is correct.

It doesn't make sense that it doesn't work a few hours after its
fix--mythfilldatabase doesn't even run in that time.  What could be
changing the data.

Example Screenshot: http://shareyourfaith.org/misc/mythguide1.gif.

Thanks in advance,

P-Sz