[mythtv-users] HDTV on EPIA SP13000

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 02:45:48 UTC 2006

this is a very interesting discussion. I finally grabbed a cheapo Air2PC
card and I have it capturing (on another machine) some content for testing
with my SP 13000. Using xine with -V xxmc I'm able to playback 1920 x 1080i
HD content. The video and audio are both very smooth and CPU utilization is
only around 10 - 20 %.

But here's the catch: At this point I'm running my output to the TV using
S-Video and a 720 x 480 display mode. Now obviously Xine is downscaling the
video. However, I fully intend to get one of the DVI-02 daughterboards. This
should allow me to go right at the DVI-I port on the back of my HD capable
TV set. But the rub will be how high of a resolution I can drive. The TV is
a 1080i set. From what I've read this would mean I should probably go for
960 x 540 at 60hz.

One last item is that I wonder about what's missing from the core of MythTV
that it won't play back the HD content and display it like Xine does?

I'd love to hear some comments.

...Kevin