[mythtv-users] Remote control of MythFrontend from another PC

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Nov 24 03:35:26 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Open Media Support wrote:
>

>> Any pointers at web addons to the telnet protocol?
>>

> Not at the moment. I'm just playing with a php telnet class at the
> moment to see how hard it is.

I've just made a proof of concept web page that will pause playback via
the telnet interface. It's pretty ugly, but it does work. Basically you
load the page and it pauses. It's about 400 lines, so I've hosted it on
my server here: http://www.redpepperracing.com/rewind.php.txt. Look for
'***NOTICE***' for items you would likely have to change to make it
work. There is obviously lots you could do with images and links to make
a fairly easy to use control page.

Tom