[mythtv-users] Internet video source as tuner

Russ Dill russ.dill at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:06:47 UTC 2006

Has anyone considered what it would take to make an internet video
source into a "tuner"? I've looked at the mythstream project, but I
would like something more integrated. Ie, a tuner that is
'mms://vod.ysmbc.co.kr/TV/'. Then create a channel for that tuner, so
it can easily be viewed just by entering the assigned channel while
watching mythtv.

If I could write a script that parses listings, I could even get it to
do recordings, which would be the ultimate goal.

I would guess that the virtual tuner's job would be to download the
streamed data, and transcode it to nupple.