[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 14:10:28 UTC 2006

> I looked at mythburn.py and I looked at the switches
> set and the mplex command switches are:
>
> -f 8 -v 0 -o
>
> Is the 8 where the bitrate is set or am I totally
> missing what's going on?

8 is to output in a dvd compatible format. Here are the choices:

 0  - Generic MPEG1.  A simple general-purpose MPEG1 format primarily
suitable for software decoders.  Buffer sizes and VBR must be specified.
Bit-rate can be auto-detected.
1 - VCD.  Standard VCD.  Overrides other option settings.
2 - User VCD.  VCD format but buffer size, bit rate and VBR can be set
manually.
3 - Generic MPEG2.  Like 0 except MPEG2.
4 - SVCD.  Standard SVCD.  Overrides other option settings.
5 - User-rate SVCD.  SVCD format but buffer size bit rate and VBR can be
set.
6 - VCD Stills stream (mixed mode with hi-res and standard-res image
streams       multiplexed are supported).
7 - SVCD Stills stream.
8 - DVD (with NAV sectors). Don't get too excited.  This is really a
     very minimal mux format.  It includes empty versions of the peculiar
     VOBU start sectors DVD VOB's include.  This is enough to persuade some
     hardware players to play the stream but is a long way from full DVD
authoring.
9 - DVD.  As above but without the empty VOBU sectors.

I do not think any of these will help. You are working with HD video
correct?

John