[mythtv-users] Program Listings are off

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 24 15:48:13 UTC 2006

On 11/24/2006 08:44 AM, ICMan wrote:
> ICMan wrote:
>
>> My program listings are off by 2 channels in some time slots.  There are
>> chunks of time where the listings don't match the channel.  Is this
>> common?  Usually on the current day, the channels are all correct, but a
>> few days later, they are off by 2.  This isn't an issue for LiveTV,
>> because the current listings are OK.  But recordings tend to be off.

Wow.  How in the world did you configure your system to record something
that's airing several days from now?  With this functionality, we Myth
users could actually watch and rate an episode of Heroes before anyone
else in the world can see it.  ;)

In other words, it doesn't affect recordings because by the time they
air, the listings are current.

> Figured it out.
>
> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all fixed the problem with the listings

Yes.  This /only to be used as a one-time fix/ setting can be used to
verify that things are correct.  Note, however, that you should *not*
put the "--refresh-all" argument into your mythfilldatabase arguments
setting for MythTV (i.e. don't do it normally).  It's significantly more
work for the listings provider.

The reason that it wasn't a problem--even before you refreshed your
program listings--was because Myth always downloads tomorrow's data (in
addition to the new data at the end of your listings--i.e. +13 days).
So, when you download tomorrow's data, it fixes the broken data for that
day.  That means that had you left things as they were, each "broken"
day would have been fixed before the day began.  Note, also, that the
days in the middle of the guide are left as is--a "so you have a pretty
good idea of what's on" guide--because they're irrelevant to the actual
recording process until they're current, and they're always "fixed"
before they become current.

Mike