[mythtv-users] Mythtv Compilation

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Nov 24 22:28:38 UTC 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 3:16 PM, wilfried Kessels wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’m a novice on Linux and I would like to install Mythtv. I used
> the last Mandriva version and I have a problem.
>
> When I compile Mythtv with this command “./configure” , Mythtv
> return me this error :” Cannot execute /USR/bin/…/…/USR/Lib/Qt3/bin/
> Multimarch-x86_64-linux/qmake “
>

> Do you know this problem ?
I'm not familiar with current releases of Mandriva (it was still
Mandrake last time I played with it) but I can give you some general
advice:

Compiling MythTV from scratch is probably not the best thing for a
Linux novice to attempt. If you are bound and determined to do it I
would suggest using a distribution that is more commonly used, such
as Fedora, which would allow you to use Jarod's excellent step-by-
step guide.

But an even better solution would be to use one of the "all-in-one"
MythTV distributions such as MythDora or KnoppMyth, which basically
install the OS as well as Myth with a guided procedure.

Dennis Hand had post a little while ago which indicated a new
MythDora release will be out soon using MythTV 0.20.

So unless there is some particular reason that you need to have
Mandriva installed on your Myth box I'd suggest another approach,
otherwise we are all very likely to be seeing a *lot* of further
posts from you here :-))