[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 15:30:42 UTC 2006

Paul,

If you could modify mythburn.py to _optionally_ use ProjectX to do the
> commercial cutting and demuxing I would be happy to apply it.

I can do that if needed. The problem here is that some parts of the myth
code does not quite fit. With projectX I am not sure how to handle multiple
audio streams as my recordings only have one stream.

The
> important thing is that projectX should be an optional install and only
> used if the user wants it and has it installed. I would rather that
> mythtranscode was fixed but no one who has the knowledge to do it is
> interested enough to fix it.

I would prefer that mythtranscode was fixed as well. It is possible that I
will have some time (in 2 weeks) to work with anyone who knows enough on
mythtranscode to fix the problem. I'm sorry I never submitted an example
that caused problems with mytharchive, the main reason was that after
playing around with this for several hours I could not produce a sample that
failed and was of reasonable size and I did not want to upload a file of
several hundred megabytes. My schedule has been very tough for the last few
months and when working 60+ hour weeks and having a girlfriend there really
is not that much time left to work on things like this...

Using projectX would also enable other
> features like adding subtitles to be possible in the future.

Did not know that...

John