[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Nov 25 17:20:47 UTC 2006

John Drescher wrote:
> Paul,
>
>     If you could modify mythburn.py to _optionally_ use ProjectX to do
>     the
>     commercial cutting and demuxing I would be happy to apply it.
>

> I can do that if needed. The problem here is that some parts of the
> myth code does not quite fit. With projectX I am not sure how to
> handle multiple audio streams as my recordings only have one stream.

The multiple audio stuff is only partially implemented anyway. No one
has shown much interest in it. If you have some code for me to take a
look at I could probably rework it to work with the multiple audio
channels.

I seem to remember that the old mythburn scripts had to use the log file
produced by projectX to find the correct audio stream to use. How are
you doing this, is it done in python or are you calling external bash
scripts?

>     The
>     important thing is that projectX should be an optional install and
>     only
>     used if the user wants it and has it installed. I would rather that
>     mythtranscode was fixed but no one who has the knowledge to do it is
>     interested enough to fix it.
>

> I would prefer that mythtranscode was fixed as well. It is possible
> that I will have some time (in 2 weeks) to work with anyone who knows
> enough on mythtranscode to fix the problem. I'm sorry I never
> submitted an example that caused problems with mytharchive, the main
> reason was that after playing around with this for several hours I
> could not produce a sample that failed and was of reasonable size and
> I did not want to upload a file of several hundred megabytes. My
> schedule has been very tough for the last few months and when working
> 60+ hour weeks and having a girlfriend there really is not that much
> time left to work on things like this...

Thats no problem. I've been taking a break from working on Myth for the
last 3/4 weeks anyway.

Jeff Hausheer is the main developer of the lossless transcode part of
mythtranscode.  I think he must be very busy, I never got a reply when
I tried to contact him about the problem with audio sync after cut
points problem.

I don't think it would hurt to add support for projectX so long as it is
optional. It does mean having to support two lots of code that do the
same thing but there are just too many people having problems with
mythtranscode so I think its worth the effort.

>     Using projectX would also enable other
>     features like adding subtitles to be possible in the future.
>

> Did not know that...

Mythtrancode removes all streams that aren't either video or audio.
Fixing that would require TS -> TS  rather than the TS -> PS that
mythtranscode does now. I don't think that will happen any time soon.
projextX can extract the other streams when it does the de-mux.

> John

Paul H.