[mythtv-users] Remote control of MythFrontend from another PC

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Nov 26 01:30:24 UTC 2006

Mike Poublon wrote:
> Open Media Support wrote:
>
>> What tools do people recommend for remote control of a mythtv frontend
>> without using a remote control or keyboard/mouse.
>>

> I actually was just experimenting using the PHP telnet interface and
> came up with a basic php page that looks like a basic remote control.
> The page is set up for use on a pocket pc. With one change (address of
> the frontend) you should be able to use it with no problems. The
> page/source is at http://geeksoft.dyndns.org:801/ the source is in the
> tar.gz file if you want to take a look at it.

Hi Mike.

Thanks for this, gave me a really good head start. Done a little bit of
work on it and I'd like to get the OK from you to use a GPL or similar
license on the code.

You can find what I've been up to at http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/,
with a mock up of the remote at
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/remote/layout.html.

You can also find the modified/updated code at
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/remote/index.php

I've based the images on some that are already published under Creative
Commons, so I was planning on keeping them under that license.

For the moment I'll pass this onto the guy we are doing all of this work
for to see if he is happy.

Steve

--
Technical Support - OpenMedia Limited