[mythtv-users] Myth TV on Fedora Core 6 using LeadTek Winfast PVR2000 card (Remote - lirc problem)

Larry Jones larry at foxgulch.com
Sun Nov 26 01:33:09 UTC 2006

My Leadtek Y0400046 Remote (which was bundled with my LeadTek Winfast
PVR2000) works with Windoze but not with MythTV.  I've carefully read
the instructions given at  http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#lirc
and verified that lirc-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6.i686  is installed as well
as lirc.i386.  (by doing a yum list lirc*)

I found the pvr2000 remote lirc config file in
/usr/share/doc/lirc-0.8.1/remotes/leadtek/lircd.conf.PVR2000 as Mr.
Wilson suggested.   I copied the file to /etc/lircd.conf renaming it as
it was copied so that it shows up as
 ls -al /etc/lircd.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3109 Nov 23 08:32 /etc/lircd.conf

 My symptoms are that the remote is non functional when mythtv is
running  and  the utility  irw never displays anythin.  It just
does
$irw
$
immediately exiting without ever responding to any of my key presses.as
the directions suggest it should.

In his case Mr. Wilson suggests adding the line " alias char-major-61
lirc_gpio" to /etc/moprobe.conf.  because his actual kernel module is
"lirc_gpio"

My problem is I can't determine what my "actual kernel module" is
named.  Anyone have a suggestion? and do I follow his lead and put the
"alias char-major-61 <mymodulename>"  or do I need a link to a serial
device suggested in http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html

Thanks for reading this and any help you might be able to lend.

Larry