[mythtv-users] query speedup?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 26 09:39:53 UTC 2006

On Nov 26, 2006, at 1:31 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Where can I find tips to speed up the database of MythTV?
> MySQL takes 90+ seconds to list Recorded programs in MythWeb. (only 92
> programs from 1 channel)
> The machine is ~50% idle during the query.
> How can I find out why this query takes so much time?
>
> Kind regards,
> Udo

You should run optimize_mythdb.pl. It's in the contrib directory. In
fact, it's recommended that you set it up as a cron job and run it
every night. If that doesn't help, you can tweak the MySQL settings.
There's recommendations for those settings on Jarod's guide here:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#mysql