[mythtv-users] query speedup?

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Nov 26 12:22:23 UTC 2006

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

>>Mr. Myth wrote:
>>

>>>I had an issue once where there were shows in the database but no actual
>>>files in the recordings directory.  It made mythweb run incredibly slow
>>>while it repeatedly tried to open the files to generate thumbnails for them.
>>>

>>There are indeed a few cases of the situation you describe.
>>I can delete them in the listing but when I refresh the mythweb page
>>showing the LiveTV recordings they re-appear and query time does not
>>really change.
>>

>I manually deleted the entries from the recorded table in MySQL and the
>query now runs much faster.
>What remains is the question why the MythWeb delete action does not
>work. (at least not when there is no mpg present)

This is a safeguard against errors. Take for example the following
situation: your master backend is storing over NFS. For whatever reason
(kid has removed power cord?), the NFS server is temporarily
unavailable. Now, what do you want to happen? I believe 0.18 in that
situation would remove all entries from the database...

In Mythfrontend, working from the "watch recordings" screen you can
delete shows with missing mpg files, as the assumption is you will know
what you are doing.

Cheers,

Rudy