[mythtv-users] TR: Mythtv compilation

wilfried Kessels wilfried.kessels at free.fr
Sun Nov 26 15:24:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

Yes I follow this instructions. Make is installed I can edit kernel but I
don't know if Qmake is installed. How I know if Qmake is installed ??

Do you have Qmake installed and did you follow the setps in the install
docs?

 <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.1>

Mandriva

The following instructions work for Mandriva using bash as the shell, and
may be applicable for a distribution which uses /etc/profile.d.

 NOTE: Mandriva 10 installs a /etc/profile.d/qtdir3.sh file, but it doesn't
include the addition of the PATH variable. If you're running Mandriva 10,
don't create a mythtv.sh file as detailed below; edit the qtdir3.sh file and
add the PATH statement within the if / fi block. As root, create the
following file in /etc/profile.d The example filename is "mythtv.sh".

Use what you feel is appropriate.

Open a shell, and switch to superuser mode.

 NOTE: ^D means press CTRL and d at the same time.

$ su

# cd /etc/profile.d

cat > mythtv.sh

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/qt3/bin

^D

# chmod a+x mythtv.sh

# exit

$ exit

Hello,

I'm a novice on Linux and I would like to install Mythtv. I used the last
Mandriva version and I have a problem.

When I compile Mythtv with this command "./configure"

, Mythtv return me

this error :" Cannot execute

/USR/bin/././USR/Lib/Qt3/bin/Multimarch-x86_64-linux/qmake

"

Do you know this problem ?