[mythtv-users] MP4 Videos

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 18:05:09 UTC 2006

On 11/25/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Rick Stone wrote:
> > For some reason, Myth won't play mp4 videos.  I recently installed
> > Edgy and Myth .20 from the repos.  Everything else works great, but
> > mp4 vids won't play.  The screen goes black, the HD light flickers for
> > awhile (as if the file is quickly being scanned) and then the Myth
> > video screen comes back up -- after about 3 minutes for a 90 minute film.
> You might need to pass --enable-faad when compiling mythtv on the
> configure line depending on what kind of audio is present...

  #echo "  --enable-mp3lame         enable mp3 encoding via libmp3lame
[default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-libogg          enable ogg support via libogg [default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-vorbis          enable vorbis support via
libvorbis [default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-faad            enable faad support via libfaad
[default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-faadbin         build faad support with runtime
linking [default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-faac            enable faac support via libfaac
[default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-libgsm          enable gsm support via libgsm [default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-xvid            enable xvid support via xvidcore
[default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-x264            enable H.264 encoding via x264 [default=no]"
  #echo "  --enable-mingw32         enable mingw32 native/cross windows compile"

are there a reason these are "hidden"? (and does libfaad support have
the same dependency problems mythmusic has?)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!