[mythtv-users] yum update mythtv-suite not updating everything

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 27 14:18:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 11:15:51PM -0600, Trey Thompson wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 10:17:27PM -0600, Trey Thompson wrote:
> > > I'm on FC5, and use Axel's awesome atrpms.net.  Trying to update todate with:
> > > yum update mythtv-suite updated only the suite, which was 9.1k.
> > > Shouldn't it have updated all the myth packages?
> >
> > No, that's not how it's supposed to be. yum update firefox won't
> > update glibc (and vice versa), just because these are depednent
> > packages.
> >
> > What you are after is plain "yum update", which will check for update
> > to all packages.
>
> Thanks Axel!
>
> But, I only want to update Myth, not everything on my box.  How do I
> do that?  Update each individual myth package?

Google for partial/selective upgrades to see why you don't wnat to do
that. Or why you shouldn't come crying for help if something breaks
when doing so ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net