[mythtv-users] mythtv pchdtv and zap2it

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Nov 27 14:56:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 17:55 -0500, Anthony Sheetz wrote:

> I've got a pchdtv 3000 card that I'm trying to use with mythtv, and I've got just about everything working.  I just can't get program listings.

Don't look to me as an expert or anything here, but I've been playing
around with getting listings for the channels picked up by my HDHomerun.
What I have seen is that the critical factor is that the callsigns for
the channels must exactly match the ones in your zap2it lineup.
Callsigns can be set by hitting the "e" key while watching a channel in
LiveTV, typing in the callsign, then navigating with the arrow keys to
the Probe window and hitting return/enter. I had to go through every
&*#*@! channel one at a time, keeping track of the ones that are not
tunable and manually delete those later with the channel editor in
mythtv-setup. All in all, it took me a couple of hours, but I now have
guide data and some actual HD channels (although only the OTA networks
appear to be available in HD unencrypted, i.e. without the cable box).

--Greg