[mythtv-users] "Interlace" problems

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:31:40 UTC 2006

> Hi Brett
>
> No, I haven't tried to enabled deinterlacing in the Playback options, but
> I'll try it though it sounds like it'll only fix the problem during
> playback, which means that I'll still have the problem if I move my
> recording to another player, doesn't it??

Deinterlacing is always done at playback (otherwise you'd need to
re-encode).  Look at the particular player you're using for it's
deinterlacing settings.

As an aside, it's also a good thing because different deinterlacers look
better or worse depending on the display (such as my example of bob looking
good on a CRT, and blurry (to my eyes) on a monitor).

Brett.