[mythtv-users] vga2scart and nvidia

wouter lists wouter.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:11:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have connected my TV with a scart2vga cable to my PC. My PC has a Radeon X300.

I'm using a custom modeline 1024x576, which generates a PAL widescreen signal.

After spending quite some hours on the mailing list, I have the
feeling that you get the best image when using XVMC.

Everybody knows that the drivers for ATI (fglrx or radeon) doesn't
support XVMC. So I'm thinking of switching to a Nvidia card.

Are there people using a scart2vga cable with a Nvidia card? What are
the results?

I have a pcie slot and it needs to run the following modeline:
ModeLine "1024x576" 19.875 1024 1092 1140 1272 576 581 586 625 +hsync +v
sync interlace composite
It needs to sent out an interlaced and composite signal.

I would like to hear about some success stories before I go out to buy
a card ;-)

Thanks,

Wouter