[mythtv-users] how to setup default recording options?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:00:58 UTC 2006

Hi

On 11/28/06, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> As of 0.20, yes. Go to TV Settings->Recording Priorities->
> Set Recording Priorities. The "Default 'End Late' minutes for
> new recording rules" will automatically add this scheduled
> time for each new rule.

ok

I have set it to 10 minutes, I guess each recording is consider as a
new rule so the extra 10 minutes will apply.

> This is a point that seems to confuse many people. If the
> expectation is that the content of the show will extend beyond
> the time in the listings, you must require the scheduler to
> record the additional time. Optional time won't do because in
> the event the optional time is dropped, the show's content
> will be truncated. Having 'End Late' minutes added in the
> rule will assure that the highest priority shows will record
> to completion.

I'mnot too sure I understand the subtleties but with only 5 TV
channels here in Oz and using 3 DVB cards, I doubt I will face this
issue.

However, are you saying that the extra time set earlier is actually an
optional time so it can be overwritten if another show is starting
right at the same time it might interrupt it?

thanks again
JY