[mythtv-users] V-Stream Xpert DVB-T PCI slow tuning and other

Open Media Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Nov 28 00:51:11 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> I have configured the card correctly, unloaded (removed) the
>> cx88-blackbird
>> drivers, done all the scandvb and tzap procedures and I can watch BBC
>> One
>> Scotland using mplayer dvb://"BBC ONE Scot" (I am in Scotland). However,
>> the
>> audio and video are often way out of sync; I get regular "Your system is
>> too
>> slow to play this" messages from mplayer; and changing channel can take
>> *very* long time with some channels. (Although I have noticed that it
>> seems
>> to be radio stations that mainly take a long time to tune.)
>>
>> I am concerned that no matter how much more time I put into configuring
>> the
>> box I will never resolve these issues. I suppose I have only one
>> question:
>>
>> Are these issues limitations of the card or can I resolve them using a
>> different TV viewer such as XaWTV or TVTime?
>

>> All I want to do is watch DVB and occasionally record something that I
>> will
>> miss. If I can make the card work setting up MythTV will be my next
>> goal.
>
> I have 2 of these cards and they work beautifully on my Fedora Core 5
> system. They worked straight out of the box for me. However, I was
> using them with MythTV only - I haven't tried them with XaWTV or
> TVTime or mplayer or anything like that so I can't comment on those.

Have you tries Xine rather than mplayer. Also you don't say which version
of mplayer you are using. There are a lot of MPEG-TS fixes in the most
recent release that might fix some of your playback issues.

Lastly what method is MPLayer using for video out? If you can't use XV or
some similar accelerated playback then that might explain  your problems.

Steve

OpenMedia Limited
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz
support - support at openmedia.co.nz