[mythtv-users] xmltv failing

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:24:43 UTC 2006

> grabbing:   7%
> [=======
> ]http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/32.dat: could not fetch
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/32.dat, aborting
>
> The listings file it claims to be unable to download seems to change
> around every time it is run and oddly I can always access the file
> through a web browser. Is anyone else experiencing this strange
> behaviour with xmltv? Is there anywhere a timeout setting somewhere to
> get xmltv to wait longer for a response? (I've a feeling this could be
> the problem).

I have the same problem. On Sunday I was about to run out of guide
data because I hadn't noticed, so the best I could come up with
quickly was to comment out most of the channels in my channels file
and do them in small blocks (5 or so) at a time with multiple
mythfilldatabase runs. This gives a much higher chance of not getting
a duff download. I think this must be a problem with the Radio Times
website, and surely other people must be getting the same problem.

Robin