[mythtv-users] streaming MPEG-2: best solution?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 28 15:14:12 UTC 2006

Jeff volckaert wrote:
>> I've looked around the web for solutions to stream recorded materials
>> from my MythTV box to a Win32 or Linux box with some mediaplayer.
>> The MythTV box is a VIA SP8000 running FC6 so I need a simple, clean,
>> low CPU solution. No recoding is needed, just the streaming of the MPEG-2.
>> What can you advise?
> Where do you want to stream it?

Locally, I forgot to explain.

> If it's on your local network I would
> suggest looking into the windows player
> (http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/).  I'm using this more and more.

So no changes on the MythTV box necessary (streaming server, VLC, etc?)

The main box for viewing the streams will be Win32 for now, but it might
move to Linux in the not too far future.
A universal solution is the best I think.
Would this change anything in the options?

Udo